Friday 11 July 2008

It's a 2-for-1!!

This, too, is amazing. You should watch it also. Now.



As excited as I am to see this movie (I won't get it till August 7th) it still really breaks my heart to watch the trailer. I admired Heath Ledger so much and I find it a serious tragedy that he lived such a short life. I imagine that he'll go on to become an iconic cinematic figure, much like James Dean and River Phoenix, whose images are shrouded with mystery and intrigue. People like them always make me think of Bob Fosse and how he said he, "Never intended on living past 25. Dying young always seemed so much more romantic." ... while I admit that I find that sort of Bohemian attitude intoxicating, I realize that my mind is not nearly passionate enough to sustain that kind of reckless,"Carpe Diem-esque" devotion to living life so completely. I'd always find ways to rationalize life's greatest risks away. And as cliche as it sounds - the greatest risks tend to reap the greatest rewards. I suppose we all just have to decide where our priorities lay. And whether or not we are more concerned with setting up a life in the future, or just living it right now, in the moment ... which (it's no secret) is not something I have ever been able to do.


Wow, that ended up pretty heavy for just being about a Batman movie. Heh.

No comments: